Here’s the second edition of Tuesday treats! This is my recipe for the perfect chocolate chip cookie! They are perfectly crunchy and soft at the same time. They have a blend of bittersweet chocolate and milk chocolate chips or chunks and you can always add toasted pecans or walnuts if you’d like! Let me know if you have any questions!
Deb’s Chocolate Chip Cookies: (This is a double recipe)
- 4 1/2 cups flour (Gluten free cup for cup flour works great too)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter
- 1 cup (1 stick) of butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 (11.5 ounce) bag of milk chocolate chips (use good quality chocolate)
- 1- 4 ounce bar of bittersweet chocolate broken into chunks (using the bar makes the best cookies) or 1/2 (11.5 ounce) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips or chunks of your choice (second best option)
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts-optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening, vanilla, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time blending after each addition. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chunks, and the nuts. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets with a large batter scoop. Bake for 11-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack. Enjoy! This recipe makes 3 dozen large cookies.